Articles Posted in US Work Visas For Non Immigrant Workers

You are not a U.S. citizen, permanent resident nor have a United States Visa, but would like to come to America. What are your options? Usually a person wishing to come to the U.S. who has no ties to the country must first obtain a visa. There are many different types, or classifications of visas, but specifically being discussed are H Visas, H1B, H1C, H2A, H2B, H3 and H4, to work temporarily in the United States (U.S.).

What Is a H Visa?

First, it is helpful to know what is a H Visa. H Visas are a type of employer sponsored work visas and are issued or granted by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). They are classified as nonimmigrant or temporary. What does this mean? It means that the person to whom the petition applies is not looking to permanently work in the United States. The person’s intention is to temporarily work the U.S. and then return to his or her home country.